Dean Station opened in 1847. The station building matches the local church and ten oil lamps originally used to light the platforms. The station also had a small goods yard with cattle pens and a goods crane. The original railway cottages remain and are privately occupied.
Nearby, the Royal Naval Armaments Depot at Dean Hill was opened in 1938 to store ammunition and ordnance for use during WWII. A network of underground storage tunnels were linked by an extensive narrow gauge railway. A main line rail connection into the site closed in 1988.
Latterly, Dean Hill was the storage location for Cruise missiles and other nuclear warheads. It closed as a military base in 2004 and was converted into Dean Hill Park – 386 acres of parkland, fields and conservation areas with business units.
Station Ticket Office Hours
None Station does not have a ticket office.
Train Station Information
Car Parking: Spaces available by village hall
Cycle Parking: 4 spaces and 2 lockers
Taxis: 01722 710111
Tel: 0845 7000 125
Train Information: 0845 7484 950
Travel Assistance: 0800 1971 329
For train times text Dean to 84950